The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Concert Review--Dar Williams

Yes, my kittens, I actually got off the couch and out of the house. You know, with people. And went downtown to see a concert. Hey, it happens. Sometimes.

Anyway, Dar is as cute as a bug. She opened with a cover of "Comfortably Numb," and played bunches of songs from all her albums. The crowd was definitely more enthusiastic about her older songs. Hmmm. The best performance was "As Cool As I Am."

The opening band, Girlyman, was adorable and fun, too. Plus they're on the Daemon Records label, which is owned by Amy Ray (my music girlfriend).

Very tired today. Too old to stay out so late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>