The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Shows That I Hear Are Good But I Don't Watch

1. Gray's Anatomy
2. Everwood
3. Smallville
4. Gilmore Girls
5. Arrested Development

What do you think, my kittens? Should I set my DVR?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

start with smallville dvd season 1 - then lemme know if I should bother! :)

-waffle

10/27/2005 6:34 PM  
Anonymous CJ said...

After Veronica Mars and Lost, my favorite one-hour shows are probably Grey's Anatomy and Everwood, so I would vote "yes" on those two. They are both character-driven, but they aren't that complicated that you will be totally lost.

If you like comedies, there is *nothing* better than AD, so that gets a "yes" vote also. But it can be hard to follow for new viewers b/c a lot of the jokes are based on things that have happened earlier (it's complicated), so you might want to start with getting seasons 1 and 2 on DVD first. You will know after watching the first few eps from S1 if this show is for you b/c it's not for everyone.

Imho, both GG and Smallville have seen better days and are not what they used to be. I would get the first season of each of those shows on DVD and wouldn't bother with the current season until you've worked your way through the DVDs.

10/28/2005 9:25 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

cj, thanks for the great advice! I appreciate it. (And I admit that the sole reason I'm interested in Smallville is because of a certain vampire named Spike...)

11/01/2005 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>