The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

TV Review: Veronica Mars (or, Sheila gets all gushing and abuses the exclamation point!)

(Review of season 1 in general and season 2 pilot; contains MAJOR SPOILERS)

First, a big shout out to my DH for creating the links you can see on the left. Thanks babe!

Now, on with the squee-age. I love this show. I discovered it by accident last season--Tuesday night my DH had a class, and I was flipping through the channels and discovered Ms. Mars and Neptune. At first I was embarrassed to be watching a teen show--on UPN nonetheless! I'm 32! But now I'm a convert, and a missionary. Sheila has spoken: Watch This Show. You Won't Be Sorry. Trust Me. (Yes, I know it's on at the same time as Lost--another reason to get a DVR/TiVo. Also, they replay the episodes on Saturday, so you have no excuse.)

Kristen Bell is so cute! And Wallace is the best BFF a girl could ask! And daddy Mars is so sweet! Squeee! And Harry Hamlin is creeeeeeepy!

And the season 2 premier! OMG! The bus went over the cliff! Don't you think someone tried to kill VM? WAS IT LOGAN? He did say "I'm gonna miss you" when VM got on the bus! And don't you think the slightly sinister mayor candidate is up to something? And don't you think VM should dump potato boy (Duncan) because he's too bland? And who else thinks that Dick and Logan are going to get into Very Big Trouble this season (and drag poor Beaver along with them)? And speaking of Beaver, isn't "Cassidy Cassablancas" a hilarious name?

This is probably my favorite show of all time. It's better than Buffy, Angel, and the X-Files--my previous holy trinity. I think I love it more than I loved Head of the Class when I was in high school. (Anyone remember that show? I was obsessed. I totally wanted to be Simone, the red-headed shy poet. She was so pretty.) I even love it more than I loved Star Blazers when I was 9. (Remember the daily countdown?)

Squeeeeeeee!

Television Without Pity has a great VM forum, by the way, if you want to hear more squee-ing.

I hope I've convinced you, my children. Now go--and watch.

7 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Ah, Simone.

And didn't the tech/nerdy guy seem like a proto-Hurley to you?

10/04/2005 3:50 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Huzzah, a comment!
Are you talking about Arvid, the math geek, or Dennis, the science geek?

10/05/2005 8:30 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

A CORRECTION:
Yesterday I said I was 31. Oops. I'm actually 32. Old time, she is a-flyin'. *blush*

10/05/2005 8:33 AM  
Blogger John said...

Uh, the big guy, not the skinny guy.

Yeah, I'm awesome with names.

10/06/2005 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Star Blazers!!! Derek Wildstar was hot!

-Deb

10/07/2005 12:55 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

DEB!!!! Hurray!
*hugs*

10/07/2005 12:25 PM  
Anonymous CJ said...

It's not possible to abuse the exclamation point when discussing the awesome Veronica Mars. I said awesome!!!! Hee!!

I don't know you, but I just surfed over to your blog and was happy to find another VM fan. It sucks that the two best and most discuss-able shows on TV have to be on up against each other.

10/14/2005 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>