The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Brief Conversation on Aquaman, and Other Notes

My husband is cute and funny. I sent him this clip:

WB's "Aquaman" won't be called "Aquaman"
The network has confirmed an "Aquaman" TV show is in the works -- one that will take the "Smallville" approach to the superhero, focusing more on character over cheese. Exec producer Miles Millar describes the spinoff as "a grounded version of the Aquaman mythology," focusing on an Arthur Curry who "knows what he wants to do with his life, which is protect the oceans."

His reply:

I pray it'll be called "Sea-Man." Also, they lie. They too are embarrassed about Aquaman that they have to change the mythos. Aquaman was born by an outcast from the underworld realm. He wasn't some land-dweller who...oh forget it, it's Aquaman. No one cares.

Hee.

So I watched Grey's Anatomy yesterday, and people are right--it IS good! Funny and sad, and very melodramatic (in a good way). I also thought Sunday's Desperate Housewives was the best of this season--it only made me grind my teeth in frustration twice. (George is EVIL!) I just heard that Night Stalker has been cancelled, which will save me from having to delete it from my DVR's record list. Buh-bye.

I'm currently reading The Historian, which is (so far) really, really good. If you like history. And dry narration. And Vlad the Impaler. And lots of discussion of old manuscripts. (I do.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>