The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Friday, November 04, 2005

Weekly Round-Up

1. Mini-Review: I love the Fox show Reunion. Yes, it's embarrassing, but I feel better now that I've confessed. It's badly acted and even more badly written, but the drama is fun and over the top. And, since every episode covers a year, it moves along very quickly. Any show that has a teenage pregnancy scare within the first two minutes of the premier has to be good! It's dragged out all the soap-opera cliches, except the coma and the evil twin (but there's still time! Oh yes--there's still time). It's also very amusing to see them try to make 20-something actors look older. It doesn't work very well, but it makes me smile. I wonder about future seasons, though--if there will be any. Presumably we're going to solve the mystery this season, so where do they go next? My thoughts: a new group of actors, and an entirely new plot (that still uses the year-an-episode format). That would actually be interesting. Dragging on with the same actors? I don't think I could stand more than one year.

2. Yes, I'm still reading The Fiery Cross. My goal is to finish this weekend. *sigh*

3. TV Tattle is a good gathering place of the day's TV gossip. My other favorite TV sites (besides those listed in the left column) are TV Guide and Tee Vee. Just in case you need something to do.

4. I'm looking forward to watching The Boondocks premier this weekend (well, I'll probably watch it Monday--11 pm is too late for me). I've heard mixed reviews.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>