The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Happy Holidays!

I'll be non-blogging for at least two weeks since I'll be out of town. So, I leave you with some end-of-the-year roundups.

  • TV Gal's best shows for 2005: here.
  • The Chicago Tribune's best shows for 2005: here.
  • TeeVee.org offers holiday thanks and lumps of coal to various shows: here.
  • EW.com gives their own TV and movie awards: here.

More year-end stuff should be coming in the next few weeks; I'll update when I get back. Until then, happy holidays*, my kittens.

*I use the phrase "happy holidays" intentionally, to honor our Noodly Master. From venganza.org: People keep asking me what the FSM winter holiday is called - Ramendan, Pastamas, etc. Clever (not really), but no. Our winter holiday is named "Holiday", and stretches most of December and January. Consider how much our religion has spread over the last couple years; how many schools and businesses refer not to the "Christmas season", but to the pastafarian "Holiday season" instead? - Strong evidence of our rapid growth. A special thanks goes to Walmart, who rejected the Christian phrase "Merry Christmas" in favor of the Pastafarian greeting "Happy Holidays". We appreciate your support.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

And a very spaghetti holiday to you, little couch pikachu!

12/19/2005 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>