The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Monday, December 05, 2005

Monday Round Up

Movies I watched this weekend
1. Harry Potter and the "gob" (as my husband calls it). Yes, I saw this again. Liked it even more this time.
2. The Outsiders. This was one of my favorite movies in high school (because I had a crush on almost every member of the cast), and it ages pretty well. One thing I noticed this time (which I didn't pick up on when I was younger) was all the homoeroticism. Or maybe I have a dirtier mind now? Anyway...hoyay!
3. March of the Penguins. Thoroughly uplifted and depressed at the same time by this movie. (Note to Deb: don't watch it.) It's amazing any penguins survive. I especially loved the footage of the fuzzy-wuzzy babies and two penguins trying to squeeze into one hole in the ice at the same time. I liked it when penguins would slip, also. Hee.

TV I watched this weekend
1. The Monk Christmas special, which was strange. Slow-paced and smarmy. (Does Stottlemeyer seem like a recovering stroke victim to anyone else?) (By the way, when I was researching how to spell "Stottlemeyer" using google, I discovered there's Monk-Stottlemeyer slash fanfiction, as well as Disher-Stottlemeyer slash, which makes more sense but still makes me shudder.)
2. The series finale of Viva Blackpool. (More on this later.) Gotta love any show with singing and dancing.

What else I did this weekend
I got my hubbie a Nintendo DS for Christmas, so I spent quite a bit of time playing Pokemon Dash. My hands still hurt from gripping too hard. I'm currently reading Rebel Angels by Libba Bray, also.

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Monk slashfics?

I imagine a lot of handiwipes.

12/05/2005 2:47 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I just realized that "hubbie" should be "hubby," but I'm not changing it because hubbie looks like "hubble," and that makes me smile.

Also, Monk slashfic...gah. *shudder*

12/05/2005 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>