The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Golden Globes

No, I didn't watch, for two reasons: 1) Awards shows are boring, and 2) I was too busy playing NintenDogs. (I have three dogs! That's a lot of food, walkies, baths, agility competitions, etc.) But I do have some feedback:

BEST TV SERIES--DRAMA: LOST
Yay! Go Lost! It deserves it. Well, Veronia Mars (SNUBBED, by the way) deserves it, but Lost is my second choice.

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TV SERIES--DRAMA: HUGH LAURIE, HOUSE
Huzzah! Another great choice! This is maybe the best-acted role on TV.

BEST TV SERIES--MUSICAL OR COMEDY: DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
*Yawn*

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TV SERIES--MUSICAL OR COMEDY: STEVE CARELL, THE OFFICE
I like Steve Carell, but not in this role. Sorry, it's Ricky Gervais or no one for me. (Granted, I've only seen one episode of the American version of The Office, so maybe I'm missing something.)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES MADE FOR TV: SANDRA OH, GREY'S ANATOMY
Hooray! Yay Sandra! You're wonderful! (Actually, the whole cast is wonderful. This series has totally won my heart.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>