The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Awwwww

Because it's Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share some things my Dear, Darling, Talented husband got me. He got me advance copies of:

Sarah Waters' new novel, The Night Watch. She's one of my favorite novelists--I love her historical settings and twisted, Dickensian plots. I can't wait to start this novel, which is set in London during WWII. I'll review when I finish.

An upcoming CD, Ballad of the Broken Seas, by Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan. Isn't that a strange combination? A mixture of the twee (Belle & Sebastian) with the grungey (Screaming Trees). I've listened to the first few songs, and they're good but strange. I wouldn't expect anything less from these two.

The lesson here, my kittens, is that it pays to marry someone who works in a newsroom and has access to upcoming releases.

And even though I try not to get personal on the internet, I'd like to send a big kiss and hug to John. I love you very much, and I'm glad we're married.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Awww, indeed. I love you too, couch potato pika. :)

2/14/2006 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>