The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Dr. Phil Funny!

*Wipes away tear* Below is a snip from an article that starts "Dear Dr. Phil." The linky is here.

---
Be honest. Sometimes, when you're alone, do you just start laughing out loud? I mean, you've really hypnotized the huddled masses with this do-as-I-say babble. I don't know of any reputable "doctor" who could get away with adopting a one-name sobriquet. If a "Dr. Mike" asked me to turn and cough, I'd call the cops.

And, no offence, but for somebody who launched The Ultimate Weight-Loss Challenge, you seem to have conducted many midnight therapy sessions with glazed goods.

Doughnut: "Dr. Phil, I can't shake this feeling that you're about to eat me."

You: "I am going to eat you, Doughnut. And do you know why? Because you're delicious and you're weak."

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I don't know of any reputable "doctor" who could get away with adopting a one-name sobriquet. If a "Dr. Mike" asked me to turn and cough, I'd call the cops.

This is known as the "Dr. Nick" clause.

Honestly, only Oprah can bring down Dr. Phil. I imagine it'd look like the end of Episode 3, where Oprah-Wan Kenobi has to put down her former padawan as they battle over lava or something hot. Maybe a million gallons of superheated Dr. Phil bullshit.

2/01/2006 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>