The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Friday, March 03, 2006

Dialogue You Will Never Hear on Veronica Mars (but I'd like to)

Duncan: Veronica, we need to talk. I know I've been acting like a jerk lately, and I'd like to explain a bit. You see, I've been having a tough time lately. When Lilly was murdered, I couldn't remember what happened, and I thought I might be the killer--or if not me, one (or both) of my parents. Also, I lost the love of my life--you--because I thought you were my sister. And my ___ [insert name of medical condition here. Epilepsy? Bi-polar disease?] had a relapse, which made my behavior a bit...erratic. But trust me, Veronica, I never meant to hurt you, and I will always love you. I started dating Meg to ease my pain a bit, and though I will always love her as a sister, you are the true love of my life. Please forgive me. Oh, and I didn't sleep with Kendall.

---

Logan: Eli, we need to talk.
Weevil: Haven't we done enough talking? Kiss me!
[They kiss. HoYay!]

---

Meg's Doctors: We were wrong--Meg's not pregnant. She's just, uh, bloated from her injuries. Also, on behalf of the show's writers, we'd like to apologize for the whole "coma baby" plot. As a gesture of their good will, the writers promise to include more scenes with Backup in them next season. (And there will be a next season.)

---

Well, my kittens? Is there any Veronica Mars dialogue that you're dying to hear?

4 Comments:

Blogger duckyxdale said...

Veronica (to Meg's Doctor): "Doctor, are you sure that feeding tube's working? Alona Tal is looking a little Megorexic."

3/03/2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger John said...

Dick (while playing something hyper and bloody on his Xbox): Dude, did you ever read Rise and Fall of the Third Reich? I was sittin' and chillin', thinkin' about the parallels with Gibbon's Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire, and, dude, it was like so ironic. I mean, I'm watching this bitTorrent of "I, Claudis" the other day and, you know, considering the limitless power of the Caesars back then, the Senate was pretty much useless functionaries. Hitler had the German parlimament all but eroded, the Roman emperors ignored the senate, and dude, Bush is, like, doing the same thing, complete with American lawmakers emulating the emasculated senate down to the willful ignorance. And, check it, they all this vulnerablility of not wanting to hear what the bad news was, especially Nero. And, dude, like each one of them overstretched the boundaries of resource and power, eventually each state-system overtaxed, isolated and completely overwhelmed by causal factors both inside and out.

Kendall: (nodding, as she reads Ovid's "Metamorphosis" from a nearby daybed) It only proves that any superstate which moves rapidly to absolute power will find itself trapped by the inevitable whithering of itself. Once a regressive cycle hits, the leadership cannot cope with it, often resorting to bread and circuses to cover up the natural entropy. Inevitably the decay becomes so great that the superstructure collapses. The public begins to feel as if the entire way of life is dying, reactionary elements form. Revolution becomes inevitable. The underclass rises and the status quo is enforced with militant force.

Dick: Dude, you had to bring Freud into this.

Kendall: Not, that's Marx with a Lagniappe of Lenin. Freud stated that a society who believes that it is dying will act accordingly, sometimes wanting to accelerate the process.

Dick: (pondering into space for a moment) Oh yeah, I get my socio-economic philosphers confused with my psychologists sometimes.

Kendall: I just think it's interesting that you brought up Freud around your nubile and young step-mother.

Dick: Dude! (goes back to playing the very, very violent game)

3/03/2006 11:21 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Bwa ha ha ha! You both crack me up.

3/03/2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I have no specific lines but it would be cool if the referenced the Shocker again...

3/04/2006 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>