The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Open Letters to TV Shows, Part III

Dear Cold Case:
This just occurred to me. How can you write "closed" on the case-file boxes, and have self-satisfied flashbacks, BEFORE THE TRIAL? In fact, do you ever have trials on your show? Or is the case closed when you think you know what happened? Shouldn't the case files go to the prosecutor, and not be stored in your endless warehouse (which may also hold the Ark of the Covenant)?

Dear UPN (in general):
Stop showing baseball games on Wednesdays. ANTM started at 9, and I couldn't watch it because of Lost (so I can't read any blogs today or I'll be spoiled about who got kicked off), and VM didn't start until 10, which means I didn't get to bed until 11. I'm an old lady--that's too late for me.

Dear Grey's Anatomy:
Can we please, please, please get rid of Dr. Evil Spawn? His instability and constant jealousy are getting old. Oh, and will you fix George's hair? Just straighten it out a bit? Thanks.

Dear Lost:
Is Jin a nice guy or a jerk? Why does he seem totally bipolar? Yes, I know we're all changeable and inconsistent, but he seems almost pathological. Oh, and I get that you're trying to make Kate and Anna-Lucia sympathetic. I don't think it's working.

Dear House:
I'm tired of the current Cottages (Foreman, Cameron, and Chase). Can we get a new batch? Well, actually, you could keep Chase around just so I can marvel at his hair.

Dear Invasion:
Ewwwww. The last two episodes used the word "uterus" more than any other show I've ever seen. The alien spawn stuff? Gross. The almost-self-abortion scene? Double gross.

How about it, my kittens? Do you have any open letters?

4 Comments:

Blogger Queen Kandis said...

Dear Bones:
Real people who work together never have conversations with their faces five inches apart, no matter how much unresolved sexual tension they have.

Thanks-
Kandis

3/23/2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Hahaha! That's so funny! I remember thinking, during that crypt scene, that they were standing awfully close together. Personal space, people!

3/23/2006 10:02 AM  
Blogger John said...

Dear BSG.
October? Seriously. You're killing me here.

Dear Cold Case (hard to top your observations, but here goes)
Wow. Must be awesome that you guys solve, like, every unopened case in a period of a couple days. You guys must be paid like pro athletes for batting 1.000 like that. What, you guys pre-cogs or something?

Dear Daily Show and Colbert Report
Thank you.

3/23/2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Hey don't complain about ANTM and VM getting pushed back and hour too much. They were pre-empted by a Cavs game here and won't be on until tonight.

3/25/2006 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>