The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday Round Up

A few random comments from this week's TV viewing.

Next Wednesday will be A Good Day. It's the season finale of the horse show I love (Horse Power on Animal Planet), and the season premier of cycle 6 of America's Next Top Model! Squee! Catfights and genetically-gifted women! (Deb, mark your calendar!)

Medium: Gee, Joe, could you be a little sensitive about your wife's previous miscarriage? Yeah, it was a long time ago, but you don't have to yell at her about it. Also, they must be the only people in all of Phoenix with grass (GREEN grass, for that matter) in their backyard.

Grey's Anatomy: Poor, poor George. It's time to get over Meredith. You're better off with Dr. Spine-Cracker.

In all the Veronica Mars excitment, I've been totally slacking on my book reviews--I have several, which will be posted next week.

Lost (contains minor spoilers from last night): I really liked this episode. We actually learned things about the island! And it totally reinforces my opinion that the lostaways really, really need to explore the island a bit. Some random thoughts:
  • *Alex looked like a, uh, prettier PJ Harvey to me.
  • *I love how this episode was women-centric. However, I suspect that the only reason Kate went with Claire is to make us a bit more sympathetic to Kate. I'm not a Kate hater, but there are a lot of them out there--maybe we were supposed to see her gentler side?
  • *I totally want a Rousseau flashback! I love any scene with her in it.
  • *I like how the flashbacks this week were to something that happened on the island. That was a nice twist.
  • *Ethan is even creepier when he's being charming. *shudder*
  • *I'm tired of the whole Jack vs. Locke thing, but they've been setting this up since the end of last season, so I guess we have to see a bit more of it. sigh.
  • *The medical-Dharma bunker reminded my DH of a video game. "Loot!" he kept shouting. "Look behind you!" Hee.
  • *Looks like all you TWOPers were right about Zeke's facial hair being different (bushier!) this year than last. Funny!

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

*steps up to the microphone*

(clear throat, takes in a breath)


"Waallllllltttttttt!"

*takes a bow*

3/02/2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Bwa ha ha ha!
That kills me every time you do that. :-)

3/02/2006 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>