The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fall 2006 TV Schedule

Looks like there are a lot of paranoid, conspiracy-based shows coming out this fall. (Thank you, Prison Break and 24.) There are a lot of Lost wannabes, too, though not as Sci-Fi based as last year (alas). There's a great (but still incomplete) chart of next season's line-up here. Below are my thoughts on some of the new shows I'll be watching.

Title: Heroes
Network: NBC (Mondays at 9:00)
Description: Milo Ventimiglia, Hayden Panattiere, Ali Larter, and Greg Grunberg star as ordinary people who discover they have superpowers and are tasked with saving the world.
My comments: Even though this could cross into 4400 territory, and even though Jess is in it, I like superheroes, so I'll give it a shot. (I call this as an early cancellation, though. But maybe it'll surprise us all and be good!)

Title: Jericho
Network: CBS (Wednesdays at 8:00)
Description: Chaos ensues when the residents of a small, peaceful Kansas town see a nuclear mushroom cloud on the horizon. With no power or lines of communication to the outside world, isolation brings out the worst in some and forces others to become local heroes.
My comments: This sounds just like Invasion or Lost--but with a nuke instead of a hurricane or island. Still, I'll give it a chance. Plus, it's cute and funny when CBS does non-forensic/crime shows. It makes me want to ruffle the network's hair. (Aww! So cute!)

Title: Day Break
Network: ABC (Midseason, Wednesdays at 9:00)
Description: In a nightmarish twist on Groundhog Day, Detective Brett Harper (Taye Diggs) is forced to relive the same day over and over until he can discover who has framed him for the murder of ADA Alberto Garza.
My comments: The best thing about this show? Adam Baldwin's in it. I adore Groundhog Day, and for Adam's sake I hope this is good.

Title: The Nine
Network: ABC (Wednesdays at 10:00)
Description: After having been held hostage for 52 hours during a botched bank robbery, nine people discover their lives have changed forever. Each episode will begin with a 10-minute flashback to the hostage crisis, revealing how the experience has linked the characters to each other in the present. The cast includes Chi McBride, Tim Daly, Kim Raver, and Scott Wolf.
My comments: Huh, this show wants to be Lost. This could be good, or it could be a 24/Lost rip-off. This also seems similar to another ABC show (Six Degrees, below).

Title: Six Degrees
Network: ABC (Thursdays at 10:00)
Description: J.J. Abrams’ newest drama examines the theory that all strangers are connected to each other by at most six degrees of separation. Jay Hernandez, Bridget Moynahan, Hope Davis, Campbell Scott, Dorian Missick, and Erika Christensen star as six New Yorkers who discover their lives are intertwined.
My comments: Another show that reallllly wants to be Lost--brought to us by the creator of Lost, no less! But I like the concept, so I'll give it a shot.

More to come as the other networks announce their schedules.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I'm kinda keen on the stuff Sci-Fi channel is setting up, although I can't remember the specifics of any of them ;)

5/17/2006 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>