The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Lost Characters: One-Verb Descriptions

I didn't see ANTM last night, so I'm avoiding blogs and TV-news sites today. I have no idea who they'd oust this week--I'm still reeling from Nnenna's dismissal last week.

However, I did watch Lost last night. Dull episode--until the final minute! What do you think is up with Michael? Was he sent back by the Others to: a) rescue NonHenry; b) stir up trouble in the camp; c) specifically to kill Ana Lucia; d) or did he just go nutters?

I also wonder if Ana Lucia was shot (and I'm assuming killed--hard to recover from a direct shot through the heart) due to fan pressure (there are a lot of AL haters out there, who I'm sure are celebrating today), because of her recent DUI, or were the writers planning it all along? Hard to say. I don't care if AL is dead or not, but I hope Libby survives. I love her.

You may have heard the theory that all the characters on the island are archetypes (or one-dimensional, if you're more critical). I kind of agree with this, and think the characters on the island keep doing the one thing they did back home. It's like they're stuck in a loop. (Maybe when they're "unstuck" and do something different/grow/change, they'll be saved?) This action can be summed up in one verb. What do you think? Agree? Disagree? Want to add to/change my selected verbs?

Locke: trusts
Kate: runs
Jack: heals
Charlie: uses
Sawyer: cons
Sayid: tortures
Hurley: eats
Claire: ?
Shannon: ? (annoys people? hee)
Boone: follows
Mr. Eko: ponders? believes? converts?
Ana Lucia: gets revenge (yes, I know, that's actually two words)
Libby: goes crazy? stalks?
Sun: deceives? loves?
Jin: ?
Michael: searches?
Walt: waits?
Rose: ?
Bernard: ?


ETA: Oh yeah, and are we taking bets on who Jack's sister is? And who was the blond woman that Jack's dad was screaming at? Was she the woman in the photo with Desmond (that we saw in the hatch)?

ETAA: The full scoop on AL!

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Jin Fishes.
Rose: has faith
Bernard: plans escape
Claire nurses

Henry Gale toys


And wasn't Sarah the name of Jack's wife? Was Sarah fooling around with Jack's DrinkyDad?

5/04/2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

EWWWWWWWW. That would be gross (if she were fooling around with Jack's dad, I mean). I should go to TWOP and see what they're saying. (They're so good about catching these things over there. Plus, they're funny.)

5/04/2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

As for you're first question, I'm going with A & C.

As for bets, my money is on Claire being Jack's sister.

5/04/2006 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>