The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Four Comments About The 4400

I finally got around to watching the season premier of The 4400. Maia is looking very grown up, and my favorite character Marco is as adorable as ever (please, writers, don't make him evil/petty this season, I beg you). Overall I liked the episode, but the show is much darker and conspiracy-based this season. Four comments:

1. Uh...4400, you know you're totally going into X-Men territory, right? The whole mutants vs. humans thing, the humans hating and fearing the 4400, the government trying to contain their powers...yeah.

2. So Lily's dead? Huh. I guess I'm sad (?). I'm not sure how to feel. She was always kind of useless to the plot except as Isabelle's mom, but really...rapid aging and then death seems like a pretty convenient way of losing a character. (All the poop is here, if you're interested in the sordid details.)

3. Speaking of Isabelle, I hope her acting improves over the season. (Her scenes with Shawn were especially clunky--the two of them don't bring out the best in each other, I guess.)

4. Seriously...X-Men much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>