The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday Round Up

I know I've been slacking on updating lately--sorry about that. It's summer, there's not much on TV, and all my time has been spent playing World of Warcrack or reading. However, I do have a couple of TV thoughts to share.

The Without a Trace rerun episode they ran last Thursday (A Day in the Life) was one of the best episodes ever. Watching the mysterious and frightening movements of the FBI officers through the eyes of the parents was refreshing. As usual, even though a lot of the characters annoy me, the twists and turns of this show rise above the usual procedural.

I watched the first hour of Hex, and so far I really like it. It has all the melodrama of a gothic novel--one of my favorite genres. Can't wait to see more!

I've been watching season 4 of Gilmore Girls on DVD, and the past couple of episodes have had me howling with laughter. Some highlights: Kirk walking the dogs. Emily getting drunk and smoking in her bathrobe.

The Janice Dickinson show was kind of annoying. I think Janice is best in small, snarky doses--not as the full-on main subject of an entire half hour. I'll give it one more chance before I stop DVRing it, though.

My cats adore watching Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet. The chittering noises and rapid, jerky movements have them entranced. I like it too, but warning: some of the meerkats don't make it. *sniff sniff*

1 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

I thought Hex was pretty slow moving. My sourses in England say it will pick up in a couple episodes so hopefully I don't give up by then and just read the recaps.

6/12/2006 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>