The Vast Wasteland

Sheila's rantings, most likely of no interest, on TV, movies, books, music, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I live in Seattle, am married, have two cats (one is a genius, the other insane), and am a mild-mannered copy editor by day. I love horseback riding, coffee, reading, TV, movies, music, playing (too much) World of Warcraft, and lying on the couch. This isn't a personal blog, but rather a place for me to vent about movies, TV shows, books, music, etc. Thanks for checking in!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Open Letters to TV Shows, Part V

Dear Cold Case: Your season premier episode was the single most violent and upsetting thing I've seen on TV in recent memory. Seriously, watching a high school girl almost get gang raped, and then seeing her classmates go on a shooting rampage in a mall (shown in great detail, I might add) is not my idea of a good time. Well acted all around (Kyle Gallner is one creepy little Beaver...er, kid), but still very upsetting, and way too graphic for 8:00 p.m. You owe me a nice, happy episode about kittens. And not murdered kittens either--happy, fluffy kittens.

Dear Bones: You were starting to get good at the end of last season--not as self-consciously cutesy and more at ease. So why did you have to ruin things by introducing a new character? The show wasn't stagnant yet. (Oh, and show more scenes of Angel in jeans and a t-shirt, OK?)

Dear Six Degrees: I tried to watch you, but found your characters cliched and unlikable, and your storylines dull. Meh. Deleted from my recording list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>